The version 2 of DataDroid is finally available !
What’s new ?
- A better architecture of the library which reduce a lot the boilerplate the developer has to write (you can check this article to see the difference)
- A more robust and easier to use API for your network connections based on HTTPUrlConnection.
- New features in the network connection API : HTTP authentication and possibility to disable SSL validation.
- Automatic generation of a valid Android User-Agent for your requests
- Better management of calling multiple requests at the same time in your Activitiess (It was possible in v1.0 but not easily enough).
- The library works with API 8+ now (aka Froyo and future versions) which covers currently 97% of the user base, so it shouldn’t be a problem.
- A lot more samples available.
For a complete presentation of the library, You can check this page.
The sample application has been updated on Google Play :
And as always the source code is available on GitHub
If you want to know how it works and how to use it in your application, go to the DataDroid website and you’ll find all the information you need